I have seen a number of Year-in-review posts on blogs, and everyone and their brother is doing a year in review of pictures from facebook, but I just got inspired after reading Colleen's recap and decided to take a look back at my 2010. I did happen to stumble on my 2010 Goals, posted in January:
- 160 lbs by May 1 (8 lbs or so since I put a few back on during the holidays) - Yikes, not even close - May have made 164 at some point in the season
- Find a good work, life, exercise balance - Well executed!
- Do not stress about little things (also realize that most things are little) - Well executed!
- Update the blog more often and include more pictures - Getting better
- Start using my DSLR more - Getting better
- New Brighton Race (6/5/2010)
- 1:30/100 yd swim over 1/2 mile - 1:31/100
- 20 MPH Garmin Average on bike (<42 min bike, 14 miles) - 22.8 MPH
- Sub 22 min run (3 miles) - 22:11
- Overall time under 1:20 - Check
- Ideally shooting for 1:15 - Check 1:13:50
- Sprint course 21 MPH Average - Done at New Brighton
- First "test" FTP = 260, Improve to 286 by race season - HAH Yeah Right
Well I missed the weight goal, but also did not approach it very well. 2011 is a new year! Blogging and taking pictures is on the up, I just need to continue being active on both of those. As for tri goals, I missed the swim by 1 second per 100 and the run by 11 seconds. I was close, but fell short, although my overall performance was good. FTP... yeah that thing... I am not sure I had it calculated right (especially looking back at all my races...) Again 2011 is a new year.
- Amazing ski trip to Colorado
- Broken wrist in March
- MS150 bike ride
- 20 minute improvement at New Brighton
- Active Team Marathon 2010
- 20 minute improvement at Waconia Tri
- 8 minute improvement at St Paul Sprint Tri
- Set Half Marathon PR (beat goal by over 5 minutes) 1:39:34
- 4 AG podiums
- Selected for Team Trakkers 2011!
- Mission trip to Africa
I need some time to compose a new goals post for 2011, this will require some careful planning and thought, I know my schedule will not have as many races as last year (EPIC August was not good to my performances)