Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I am going GREEN!

“Going Green” is all the rage right now.  While I make sure to do my part, I normally do not go terribly out of my way to go green.  Today I took the plunge.  I am going GREEN!

 



trakkers That is right, I am now an official member of Team Trakkers!  I cannot even begin to express my excitement when I was invited to the team.  I have been following the team over the course of the last year and found the members to be active, friendly, and knowledgeable, not to mention a family. 

I was just looking at my 2011 schedule the other day and trying to organize my races.  Look for me at some of the Rev3 races around the country in 2011.  I was asking for a reason to expand into longer distance racing, and this came as a pretty clear sign.  I know an Olympic distance will be in the books, but I am thinking a half will also be in the books!

I will be parting ways with my ‘old’ 2009 Cervelo P2 to begin riding a Kestrel.  I am in the process of using their fit calculator to find the correct model and size.  Luckily I think I have a fair range of choices that will work, I just need to find the best combination for me.  Here is a picture of the Kestrel 4000 in Trakkers Green!

kestrel-4000-greenI want to thank Carole for putting up with my emails and questions through the process.  I cannot wait for the season to begin and meet some of my amazing teammates.  Watch for more posts and some changes on the blog soon!

As an FYI, I made it back from Africa in one piece, despite what my mother may have thought!  We had an amazing trip (pictures and some stories to come) 

6 comments:

Unknown December 8, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Hey Jeff,

Congrats on Trakkers! I am a newbie too so we are Teammates!

I have been looking over my fit for a Kestrel as well and think I am good but still might drive to a LBS that carries Kestrel to confirm!

Here is another Fit Calc that I was using: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

Unknown December 8, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Congrats! I'm a newbie just like Jeff and look forward to racing with you! :)

The bikes look awesome... I'm working on the fit too - we don't have any places locally that carry them.

Gotta love going green!

Joel December 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Jeff - congrats & welcome to the team!

Anonymous December 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Your emails and ?'s couldn't have been any worse than mine. Congrats

Caratunk Girl December 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Congrats there Teammate!! Newbie here too. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Velma December 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Congrats!!! It will be fun!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP