If you have not read the Compression Primer, I suggest you do that to start with. It covers the generals about compression clothing. This review is focused specifically on the CEP Compression Socks. As with all reviews, this is my opinion based on personal use. I was sent this pair of socks by CEP for evaluation for this review to add to the mix of products.
While these were not the first piece of compression clothing I have tried, they are the first to be evaluated and have the review fully composed. I will keep these as standardized as possible to allow for easy comparison between each review.
- The sock style compression is focused on the lower leg, specifically the calves. Since transitioning to a more mid/fore-foot strike, I have noticed the soreness in my calves much more. This is a change from when I was an avid heel-striker where the soreness would occur in my upper legs. The CEP Sock is great to isolate those lower leg muscles without having to wedge yourself into a pair of tights.
- The socks are sized by the maximum circumference of your calf, thus making it important to pick the right size for maximum benefit. Trust me, you want to get the right size!
- $60 USD
- http://www.sportscompression.com has them on sale for 58 plus using the promo code BLOG15 to receive an additional 15% off to bring them under $50.
- Found at multiple shops and stores locally
- Found at a number of online retailers including All3Sports, see side for discount code
- Pretty easy to get in and out of. Simply rolling down the tops helps to get the toes started
- Extra cushion in the foot area to allow for running with these socks in comfort.
- Dry wick material helps to wick away sweat keeping your feet more comfortable during the run.
- If you pick up a black pair, these could easily be worn at work in business attire, allowing more effective recovery
- I would see some issues trying to quickly put the socks on, especially if they were wet.
- Also not advised to wear during the swim portion of a race, even with a wetsuit
I am a big fan of the CEP Compression Socks. Having come from a past where I only used tights, these have become a staple in my training. The durability and quality of materials is great! I have gotten a good amount of use from these and they show little to no signs of wear. They also hold up well after being washed. The socks are a great article of clothing for anyone to add to their wardrobe for aid in recovering between workouts.
I have used these regularly to help recovery my lower legs after tough workouts. In combination with my normal routine, I have felt refreshed and ready to go. They have allowed me to train at higher intensities without feeling fatigue from previous workouts.
Why CEP Compression?
- CEP = Compete, Endure, Perform. Made with over 60 years of experience by a world leader in medical compression products, medi.
- Improved performance and recovery aimed specifically for athletes
- 30 Day guarantee
- Used to aid with a number of issues: Shin splints, cramps, achiles issues, fatigue, micro muscle tears, vibration trauma, blisters, blood clots from travel